Review: Demons In My Mind


Author: Aashish Gupta. 
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Philosophy.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Are crimes and mental illness related?
Is your mind under your control?
Is your life an illusion created by you?

Dakshesh, an old man in Sirubari village suffering from cancer, wishes to be released from excruciating pain. His journey takes him to the three monks, known for miraculous healing and life transformation. He discovers they are no saints, but hardened criminals. The three monks - Rizwan, Murli, Joseph - narrate stories of unprecedented savagery that would make even the most cold-hearted criminals look down with shame.
The dark stories of the three monks leave Dakshesh gasping, but there is something about their dishonorable lives that relieves Dakshesh from his pain.

Cover Review:

The cover is abstract, yet intriguing. I'd wanted to read this book since I spotted that cover. So when I got the review opportunity, I grabbed it with both hands!

Book Review:

I totally agree with the blurb. This book makes you think. A lot. Philosophy isn't something that usually interests me, but this book was an exception. 

I loved how intricately the stories of the three monks were weaved together. The connection was hard to guess, but made all the sense. 

Of the three though, I found Rizwan's story to be the most believable. And the most interesting too. 

To say that the last segment was gory would be an understatement. It was inhuman. I wouldn't suggest this book to a person with a weak stomach. I myself found it hard to read. 

The only thing that irked me was how the format changed. Most of the novel is written in the story style and yet the fourth segment, comprising of maybe 40 pages, was written in screenplay/play format. I haven't ever read a book that mixes two types of styles like this, so it kinda felt weird. 

All in all though, Demons In My Mind is a goosebumps raising page turner!


Buy Demons In My Mind now:






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...